Friday, September 15, 2006

No more tags please

Lately too many people have asked me to reveal myself. You know the name thing, who you are, what you do and things to that effect. I even got tagged for that picture tag that is going around (which I politely refused of course). Isn't it quite obvious that had I been remotely interested in going public I would have blogged under my real name? The mere fact that I don't have my name out there suggests that I am quite happy at maintaining my anonymity. Although with all the information I have poured into my blog over the past year or so, it might not be an impossibility to piece together my identity. But still I try my hardest to remain faceless. And so, let's just give it a rest, shall we?
Now I got this tag a while back from Brown Magic which I've been putting off for too long. So let's say we didn't have this issue of anonymity here. Here's my list of six bloggers that I have come to know through blogging that I would really be interested in meeting someday.

Priya: The one blogger I can relate to completely and feel like I can talk to forever. Where would we meet? Calcutta of course. In some place where we could talk for ages. Like the old Flury's they had on Park Street. Now most of my memories of Cal are old and faded and I know nothing of all the trendy new places and hangouts they have these days. But Flury's had such an old world charm about it, with the servers in starched white uniforms who seemed like they had stepped out of some colonial play. And who would let you sit and chat for hours over a glass of cold coffee (no lattes and capuccinos then) without once telling you to pay the bill and leave. Yes, that would be just perfect.

Rimi: One of the earliest blogs I started reading. Her zest for life, youth and wonderful style of writing kept me going back for more. Yes, I would definitely want to meet her. And most definitely over some wonderful hot chocolate fudge vanilla and raspberry torte icecream in a waffle cone with a cherry on top. Most definitely a cherry on top. And we'll throw in some brownies too. Or may be some of that delicious mishti that she seems to have mastered the art of.

J.A.P: Because I am curious. And I owe him one. So may be we could go to the coffee house for some infusion?

Rohan: One of my earliest inspirations for blogging. Sensitive, sensible, Mr Nice Guy. We'd meet in Calcutta again and go all over town. Just so I can prove to him how much nicer it is than Delhi :)

DD: Just 'cause I really like his honest blog. He reminds me so much of my brother. And he's into classical music which I am in awe of. So we'd meet at one of his concerts after he has wowed the audience with a rendition of Yaman Kalyan.

Sagnik: Yet again one of the first blogs I read and absolutely loved. Funny, witty Sagnik. To see if he is for real. Where? I have no idea. He can choose as long as he shows me how he comes up with the funniest things to write about. Oh, and may be after he gives me a ride in his shiny new car.

Yay, I'm done with the tag. No more tagging. I just refuse to do any more tags. Because tags are somewhat like those silly chain mails that we get that either promise you a million dollars or your wish come true if you can forward it to ten people, or threaten to maim, harm or kill you or your loved one unless it gets passed on. And I refuse to comply with either.

And just for the record I don't enjoy doing tags.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Bonatellis said...

silly they may be but some tags can be quite interesting doing, actually ...

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only quote this song:

Ajeeb daastaan hai yeh
Kahaan shuruu kahaan khatam
Yeh manzilein hai kaun sii
Na woh samajh sake na hum

Yeh roshni ke saath kyun
Dhuaan udha chiraag pe
Yeh khwaab dekhthi hun main
Ke jab paddi hun khwaab see

Mubaarakein thumhein ke tum
Kisi ke noor ho gaye
Kisii ke jithne paas ho
Ke sab se door ho gaye

1:12 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ bonatellis each to his own.
@ kk what on earth are you talking about?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

There is a new tag going around and I tag you. As per the tag, you are not to do any tags anymore!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

hehehe... i'm yet to do 2 tags... one of them being the tag u just did... and i can't get myself to do them... i just can't get myself to write anything these days... *sigh*

10:04 PM  
Blogger Acroyali said...

agree with dislike for tags.

got a silly pic tag to do, wud hav to cook up a silly pic for the purpose!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

it is a privilege to be in that company, and will be a privilege to meet you in person :). if there's a concert in pittsburgh, will leave a message here :D

3:47 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ jinguchakka :)) well thank you. BUt if I say yes then I will be directly contradicting what I just said about no more tags.
@ karmicjay oh don't you worry. I will dothatone because I already agreed to doing it weeks back. This tag came even before the book tag!
@ seashells I know what you mean. But hope everything is okay. Miss your posts.
@ acroyali well maybe that will get you to do a new post :)
@ dd you do that and may be I will be tempted to drive up there to meet you.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Rimi said...

I'm flattered out of my mind. I mean, out of my MIND (which is not a good thing you did, doc ;D).

Will you really though? I'd love to meet you myself. And Flury's it shall be too. The old-world charm, even if I knew little of it first-hand, is inescapable.

6:43 PM  
Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

Someone should do a tag to ban tags, no? :-)

8:22 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ rimi that's a deal then? :)
@ ghostoftomjoad absolutely :) BUt then complying by that would be in direct contradiction wouldn't it? :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

I think tags are a waste of time, and although I have played along to 1 tag, I have taken a stand never to do tags again :))

1:01 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

M, Sorry for the delayed response, but just haven't had time to even check blogs. I'm honoured really. We shall leave all the rest of what we really want to tell each other, private, shall we?;) And I can travel to the end of the earth for this meeting, so place, not really an issue. And, if Rimi's joining in the same one, well, let me assure you dahlin' it's gonna be a riot, right Fairy?

5:46 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ point 5 okay so I'm trying to follow in your footsteps now :)
@ priya yep that would be just perfect! And we'll keep our fingers crossed shall we?
@ karmicjay I know it isn't but I always keep my word. And who knows, may be i'll actually enjoy doing this one last tag :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ the smiling girl you are most welcome to.
@ indian bluff thanks!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u really like to keep urself elusive ;)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

oh i will give you a ride any day. and if you are in Kol in Dec (which you should be) we should totally meet up and you should totally treat me and totally give me money for gas :D

2:05 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ pegasus :)
@ sagnik ride I agree. Meeting up in Kol I would love. And who knows may be even in Dec will work. But money for gas and treating you? Keno??? I thought it was the other way around :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home