Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tag me weird

Dreamcatcher tagged me a while back and I have been procrastinating in doing this post. First because I don't like tags (and therefore will refrain from tagging anyone) and secondly because I did not want people to find out how weird I really am. But I'm going to go ahead and honor her request.

"The Rules:-- Post six weird facts/habits about yourself.- At the bottom name the six people you will tag next.- Leave them a comment to let them know they've been tagged and to read your blog."

First, I have a weird way of walking on the sidewalk by always stepping within the squares and avoid putting my foot down on the junction of two squares. If I have to step on one of those lines I always try to give my other foot the same treatment by making sure my next foot lands on a line.

Second, I have a certain order in the way I arrange things around me. For example I have a spice rack in my kitchen, one of those that turn around and have holes with bottles stuck in them on each of four sides. Well my bottles always have to be in alphabetical order and the label has to read the right side up. So whenever I'm looking for something I know exactly where to find it. If someone messes it up I get very upset and have to put it back the way it is meant to be right away!

Third, I talk and walk around in my sleep. And sometimes that lands in embarrassing situations. Like once we were staying over at a friend's place and I walked out of our bedroom in the middle of the night, went to the living room where our friend and some others were sitting and chatting over drinks and told them that it was late and they should go to bed. The weird thing was I was fast asleep and unaware of what I was saying or doing and our friend found it most puzzling as to why I should suddenly take it upon myself to put them to bed!

Fourth, I have flexible joints and ligaments. For example I can bend my wrist inwards to make my thumb touch the inner side of the wrist. Freaks people out.

Fifth, I read really fast. I always read entire sentences at a time which makes me read books very fast. Okay, that's not so weird. Agreed. But I'm running out of things to say about myself here.

Last, I cannot sleep with a pillow under my head. I used to fluff up my pillow and place in the center and then sleep diagonally across the bed with my head on one corner of the bed and my feet in the opposite corner, the pillow untouched.

Okay that does it. Now I have to write up another post real soon so that not too many people read this post :)
And like I said, no tags....unless you are dying to do one.

Edit point no. 5: When I re-read the post I suddenly realized my fifth point does not really classify as "weird". Therefore will add a new weird trait for no. five.
Fifth, I started sucking my thumb as a baby and continued to do so right upto when I was in class 8 (talk about insecurities)! No matter how much I was scolded, how much my Mom tried to put bitters on my thumb so that I would refrain from sucking on it, I persisted right into my teen years. And then, just like that......I stopped.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

oh i so identify with point one. i also do five but i take one to the level of art. i put my leg inside the squares and then i try to walk in certain patterns through the squares and what not :D

11:02 AM  
Blogger Cacophoenix said...

Hehee....I can touch my inner wrist with my thumb too!!! I also have to make sure that any carpet, rug in the house have to cover exactly the same number of squares from the center and the bedspread has to evenly fall on all four sides. I actually use a tape mesure to do that.God I am Wierd. But Thank God I am not alone.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Anyesha said...

Even I can do the freaky thing with my thumb and inner wrist...should we just form a special club?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kele Panchu said...

I always try to step on the line, if I can. When going up/down the stair I always put my left foot first and try to put my right foot last. So you're not the only one. :) Also, I've seen many doing your fourth weird trick. May be you can contact Jay Leno, and let the world know about your 'special skill'. :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ sagnik art indeed! I wonder if someone watching people like us find it funny and weird.
@ cacophoenix thanks for sharing your "weirdness" with me. And yes, I do the equal thing with bedspreads and rugs too. Only I don't use a tape measure *lol* Good for you!
@ anyesha how weird is that? Until this date I thought I was a freak of nature. Now I have company. We really should start a club.
@ kele panchu you purposefully step on the line? Oh how can you? And what do you do if there are odd number of steps?
And as for my/our "special skill" for the longest time I thought I had Marfan's syndrome and would die from mitral valve prolapse!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Vishnupriya said...

none of those count as weird. you must be holding something back.

5:30 PM  
Blogger sinusoidally said...

Can someone just say OCD! Hee hee.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Fosix said...

i have OCD too :((
also, i can totally relate to your (original) fifth point... i used to do it ALL the time, but have stopped now... mainly because i've stopped reading :D

9:32 PM  
Blogger Bonatellis said...

errrm, most are quite normal, i think ... unusual may be, but not weird ...
congratulations ... u are a very normal person :)

1:17 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Ever since you refused to tell me your eccentricities (on my blog) Ive been dyiiiiiinng to know more....hyuk hyuk. Must remember to thank dreamcatcher for this. I also do the sidewalk thingy...only i extend it to tiled flooring as well. I can only say, your weirdness does not even BEGIN to measure up to mine! (Thats a verrrry dubious honour isnt it? To be the weirdest of them all? *dismayed look*)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Acroyali said...

this competition of who be weirder than who be interesting.

:)

4:25 AM  
Blogger Joyful Heart! said...

thumb and inner wrist - me too!!!

4:39 AM  
Blogger twip said...

Oh I totally identify with point two!

Finally, someone who understands the need to arrange the little bottles in a spice rack in a certain order!

Ive been the butt of many jokes when it came to this little quirk of mine, the most common joke which my friends used to indulge in was identifying me with Monica of Friends(grrrr).

I can finally breathe now, since Im not alone.*phew*

PS: My name is Megha. :)
I know that my handle is insanely long so I thought that I'll save you the trouble of typing it out....:D

4:57 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

Agree with Bona and Ron there. By no stretch of the wildest imagination are you weird, lady. So congrats! There are enough of us freaks in this world to send it in a tizzy, we can do with one less:P

6:23 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ vishnupriya no really....no secrets :)
nice seeing you here though.
@ sines if you say so doctor :) I'll second that.
@ fosix so tell us about your OCD. And don't say you don't read....you read blogs don't you?
@ bonatellis thank you, thank you. I want to think that I am normal, but my folks and hubby seem to disagree :)
@ ron I was thinking about you when I wrote this post and remembering my comment :) Well now you know.
@ acroyali it seems to be the purpose of this whole tag business.
@ pearl you too? Now we truly have a club.
@ megha thanks for easening the pain of typing out the whole punkster thingy :)
And "Finally, someone who understands the need to arrange the little bottles in a spice rack in a certain order!" Yippee! I am so glad!!!And yes, I have been called Monica-ish too. Like Sines mentioned it is our OCD streak :)
*hugs fellow freak*
@ priya *sigh* I only wish my family would read this and agree. They seem to think I am quite weird. Suffice to say I always disagreed :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Rapid I Movement said...

Ah, you suffer from too much of sanity. You should attend
this.

1:05 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Which one are you going to? PA te to hochhe na.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home