Monday, May 01, 2006

Sugar and Spice and all things nice

They say everything in this world is cyclical. What goes up must come down. And vice versa. Gloom, misery and depression cannot last forever either. And I'd be lying if I said that I was not happy. I apologize to everyone who's been here on my blog enquiring after me and how things were with me. I know I haven't been very communicative lately. And I never got around to answering any of the questions that were posed. Do forgive my silence and moodiness. Hopefully someday I may be able to come face to face with my emotions and be able to talk about it. Hopefully. Someday.

For those of you who expressed delight at my being "back": I was never away. Just spaced out. And trying to find some answers. And I appreciate all the good wishes since my last post, including this mention (thanks r.i.m.).

As far as whether my temporary hiatus had any effect: well, no. I did not achieve what I had hoped for. I never realized the dream that I was trying to reach out for. Am I disappointed? Of course I am. Am I giving up on my dream? Hell, no. I'm stubborn and I have faith. And I am going to keep on trying. And like I said before, I'll at the least end up landing in the stars. And I will know. I tried my hardest. And I'll learn to accept that. May be.

They say human beings have an uncanny ability of dealing with most every situation. All they need is to know what is happening. It is the uncertainty of a situation which is the hardest to deal with.

Right now, I am happy. Can't help it. My parents are here. I'm meeting my Dad after 4 years. Can you believe that? 4 really long years. And my Mom says you can actually see the effect this is having on him. Overnight he seems to have lost some ten years, discovered some secret source of youth and energy. He's happy. And content. Overjoyed at seeing me. And glad to be able to spend this time with us.

So now I can look forward to warm home cooked meals waiting on the table when I get home from work. Am I glad my Mom is here! I demand and expect. Without hesitation. Just pretending to be a child again. Knowing that this safe haven is not going to last when they go back home. When I will have to grow up and be responsible again. For decisions, for meals, for keeping house, for myself, for my family.

But until then.....I can take refuge and be ten years old.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Rapid I Movement said...

So now I can look forward to warm home cooked meals waiting on the table when I get home from work.

**Dramatic hate-filled silence**

12:08 PM  
Blogger Brown Magic said...

mmm homecooked meals. do your parents want to adopt another child perhaps? am in the area. would be convenient.

I am apologetically tagging you. Feel free to ignore it. Rest is copy pasted:

You’ve been tagged (don’t blame me, I didn’t start this!). And as a ‘tag victim’, you are supposed to do the following:

1. Come up with 8 different points of your perfect lover.
2. Mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ratna said...

I envy you :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kele Panchu said...

Good to see you're back. Enjoy the home cooked meal! :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Hey M its so wonderful to see you back here. Its great that your parents are there to pamper you :)You were sorely missed.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Acroyali said...

:) lovely. do have a real good time... :)

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. Very lovely ! - I can imagine why your dad would feel much younger around you

Enjoy their visit. 4 years is a long long long time

cheers

2:25 AM  
Blogger That Girl said...

thats what im doing right now.. freshly married and being a kid all over again at my parents'!!!

sigh..my husband was equally pampered before he left for the States again.. and now he writes long mournful emails of how HUNGRY he gets thinking of all the food we ate here!!

im SO glad youre back.. keep writing.. im also very glad for your dad.. i know how much they love their daughters... im relaly dreading the time when i have to go....it will be a very raw tear away from them.

5:29 AM  
Blogger NoviceProgrammer said...

Was just surfing around and came here to see if you were back...
I am glad you are...hopefully everything has fallen into place...

Take care and keep writing...

1:54 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ r.i.m. point noted :))
@ brown magic will ask them :))
BTW I did the tag a while back which relieves me from doing it all over again (yahoo)!
@ ratna I envy myself too...
@ kele panchu thanks and like I said I wish I were back under different circumstances.
@ dreamcatcher thanks for still being here.
@ acroyali I am having a great time. Truly.
@ t.b.g.4 years can be a really really long time. And a hard one too.
@ grafxgurl congratulations. So you got married while I was gone. I am very happy for you and A. Enjoy the time you have now with your family. These are the times that you'll miss the most when you leave.
@ siddharth thanks for stopping by. And keep coming :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger That Girl said...

thanks M!! hugs

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Its great to see you back and doing what u do best. When you went on that hiatus I really couldnt find anything suitable to say mebbe out of respect for your decision, but nyways nice to have u bac. I am sure you will be helped in this period of uncertainity by the arrival of your pillars of strength.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMM, the last few weeks that I just didn't have time to blogsurf enough, and u've quietly slinked back into your space. Grrrreeeaaat to see you back. Enjoy every moment with your parents. I've been having a great time with my Baba around. So I know the feeling;) Cheers and don't you vanish again, please. Missed you.

5:37 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ grafxgurl hugs back
@ rohan good to see you here stranger :)And thanks!
@ priya I don't want to disappear because I really do enjoy writing very much. Yet sometimes things have weird ways of making you do stuff. I have been following you around and know about G's admission. So congrats to her as well as you. Take care.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Hey!Welcome back! Missed your writings so much. Spring now has an all new meaning in the blogworld :D

And yes, it's okay to be a 10 year old at times. Take it from someone who hasn't grown up in quite a long time :p

And do please post saps of that beautiful front yard:)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yes yes, pliss to ask parents to pamper you. Everyone deserves to be a kid once in a while =)
(except I think I deserve to be a kid all the time.. but let us not go there now, shall we :p)

10:14 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

@ kumari hey thanks :)) And where did the li'l girl disappear with her tales?
I haven't posted pics on my blog. ever. I guess I should.
@ casa oh yeah it feels so good to be pampered.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home